In talking to my clients this week, I am reminded of some of the things all buyers should think about when buying a home;
- Don't Think That There is Only One Perfect House For You.New Homes come onto the market every week. Selecting the right home is a process of elimination, not selection. This is especially true in our area where you are looking at mostly existing homes, not new homes. Be open to all the possibilities.
- Consider Your Long Term Needs. Don't just think about what you need now. Consider your future. What will you want 5 years from now?
- Follow Through on All Inspections. I have mentioned this before. Inspections include not only the home, and the home systems such as heating and plumbing, but also the neighborhood, and your proximity to schools, transportation, friends and family.
- Know the Total Costs in Buying a Home. You must plan for all closing costs, lender fees, escrow fees, on going property taxes and all the costs involved in owning property. Your Realtor can help you with all these things.
- When You Choose Your Real Estate Agent, Be Sure He Is Commited To Forming a Strong Business Relationship With You. Make sure that agent is listening to your wants and needs, and is available to give you reasoned advice. Your Agent is your Advocate.