Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Let's Get Started


A new year has begun, and traditionally this is a slow time for Real Estate. But, I have found that it is not wise to treat this time as vacation time.
At the end of December and continuing on to the first week of January is the best time to organize the year.
You can get a feel for how the Real Estate market is going to progress, and you can set your plan A for the year, but always remember, be prepared to act on plan B at any time.
I think the year is going to see continued retrenching in the value of Real Esate. Last year we saw a 2% gain in value, but I think that was just some of the left over momentum in the market from the previous over heated years. This year there should be the begining of an actual decrease in Real Esate Values reflected in the quarterly surveys.
As I said in my last entry. My final clients of 2006 got much more house than I think they could have gotten in 2005 for the price.
Interest rates remain relitively low, so I think 2007 is on track to be an excellent year for anyone who wants to buy property.